All You Need To Know About Natural Cleaning Solutions
Do you want an alternative natural cleaning solutions in your homes?
I was an avid user of commercial cleaning solutions. I would walk up to the counter at the store and purchase any cleaning solution that caught my fancy without reading what it contained. Like most people, I did not pay much attention to what I thought to be an insignificant detail.
Well, my days of ignorance ended a few months ago when a friend invited me to an international conference on sustainability. To say the meeting opened up my eyes would be an understatement. I am all for saving the Earth now. With this newfound energy, I have found some of the best all natural cleaning products.
Vinegar and baking soda in play a vital role in all concoctions because they are so effective and so well priced.
All Natural Disinfectant
I know that just like me, you always want to keep your house free of germs. I found a natural solution that fits the bill without harming the environment in borax, vinegar, and hot water. Mix four tablespoons of vinegar and two tablespoons of borax into three cups of hot water. Put this mixture in your spray bottle and use in your kitchen and bathroom. The results will impress you.
Trouble With the Drain?
We all know that a clogged drain is worse that a lice infection. Ok, maybe not. A half cup of salt mixed with warm water will clean your drain effectively. If you need to employ a more powerful solution, then a half cup of baking soda followed by a half cup of vinegar will form a chemical solution that will unclog your drain. 15 minutes, flash hot water to get rid of the residue.
Those Floors Too
Depending on your type of floor, you can use any of these solutions;
• Vinyl and Linoleum- Add a few drops of baby oil into a cup of vinegar the mix them in a gallon of warm water.
• Wood- Apply in your wooden wall a thin coat of vinegar and vegetable oil in the ration of 1:1 and scrub gently.
• Carpet stains- Carpet spots are quite easy to clean with equal parts of vinegar (white) and water). Spray the mixture onto the stained area. Let it sit for a while (15 minutes should do) then scrub gently with a brush or a sponge.
And what about the Garbage Disposal, you ask?
You can even freshen the air naturally!
When your house smells like it could use a little refreshing, here is what you could do without using any commercial agent;
Bring a quart of water o the boil then add any of these ingredients:
• A dash of vanilla, 2 tablespoons rosemary, and a sliced lemon.
• Sliced ginger root with one sliced lime.
• 2 tablespoons thyme with a sliced lime.
Tip: Do not allow the water to evaporate. Your house will smell fresh for a good while.
When you discover that the simple products you have been using for your everyday cleaning are not friendly to the Earth, you are triggered to action. These all-natural cleaning solutions cost a fraction of their commercial counterparts, yet they do an equally good job if not better.